Pack 229 is chartered to Tafton Fire Company on Lake Wallenpaupack, as part of the Dan Beard District in the Northeastern Pennsylvania Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
A Journey to Excellence Gold Unit, we have over 50 members and are celebrating our 30th year serving youth and our community.
Information for families interested in Scouting is available on our New Scout Information page.
Youth in Kindergarten through 5th grades are eligible to participate in Cub Scouting, while older youth can participate with one of the area's Boy Scout Troops.
Pack 229 is a Family Pack, offering our program to both boys and girls in kindergarten through 5th grade.
- Rocket Into Scouting with Pack 229! September 9, 2018
- Pack Newsletter September 5, 2018
- Scout to build “gaga ball” courts on school playgrounds May 24, 2018
- Scouts learn about disabilities March 1, 2018
- Lemonade stand helps to buy new fire truck July 24, 2017
- Cub Scout Pack 229 turns 30 July 3, 2017
Members of our Pack at our 2018 Pack Picnic and Raingutter Regatta
On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.
A Scout is
Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverant